Monday, March 3, 2008

Not Bad for a Monday

Well, another week survived. I've come to the conclusion that the attacks come every other day or so. But knowing that seems to help. I almost feel prepared. In sort of an unprepared way. I don't know. Anyways...



Today the calorie count got bumped up by 100, so I'm up to a little over 1700 calories. I must say that even though that that's nowhere near the number I need, it's a heck of a lot better than the 1100 I was getting a month ago (it's already been a month since that really bad episode). It was hard, but I'm doing okay. It's so funny. Now that I'm eating, I'm feeling better and feeling better is helping me eat. I don't feel so sluggish, I played an hour of racket ball yesterday with mom and I had plenty of energy, I have plenty of energy for dance (or it feels like plenty of energy...comparatively). The fact that my thighs are touching and my profile is not quite as thin (nothing is quite as thin), is still uncomfortable (and noticeable in a leotard and tights), but I don't fell as disgusted with myself.

One thing though that I'm really not crazy about is that even though my energy level has gone up, my body is confused. I don't think it's quite sure what to do with all this unfamiliar stuff I'm ingesting (I had chocolate tonight...and I enjoyed the crap out of it). My stomach hasn't been right for the last several days. It almost feels like an old pair of shoes that I haven't worn in years and that are kinda crusty from lack of use. Stupid illustration, I know. But I have some good news...the bloating does get better. It's not gone, but it's not nearly as bad.

Mom has noticed that my color is getting better. My hands are still really cold and my temp is a little low, but it's a start. I'm still planning on a doctor visit. The only thing that's got me a little discouraged about that is something mom read the other day. It said that a lot of times the blood tests are inconclusive and bone loss may not show up on a bone density test for up to two years. On top of that, even if anything showed up, the only way to fix it is through (you guessed it) nutrition. So, we're going to look into that a little more and get some more info. Either way I'm still going to go. It would just be smart since I'm going to be gone dancing all summer.

No comments: