Monday, March 10, 2008

Another step today....I'm still fighting the mental block from the last step, but oh well. I did it. And I haven't exploded or anything drastic. I mean, I'm not thrilled with how I look (or the fact that I feel full), but I'm not about to go run to work off some more calories. I can't believe I'm almost up to 2000 calories. It seems like I was just down at 1100 not long ago.

The overall trend is up, but there are still problem moments (lots of them). Take sunday for an example. There was a freakin cheese catastrophy at my house. It's amazing the havoc an ounce of cheese can wreak. Ahh, the power of cheese (wasn't that a comercial? I don't remember). Anyways, we survived the cheese incident in one piece and are in a better place now. lol

I keep trying to remind myself that I feel better, my skin is better, my teeth are better, I'm kind of acting like myself on occasion, I'm dancing better...these are all good things.

Okay, I read this tonight, it was really good; "If you do feel trapped, remember you have the right to choose the kind of life you believe is most worth living. If you are spending too many hours exercising and fretting about what and when to eat and how to purge calories (vomiting? exercising?), know there is a gentler way to live. Perhaps, instead of being on a relentless diet, you could simply learn to love your body for what it is? After all, your beauty comes from the inside out, not from thinner thighs. And if the truth be told, who (other than you) really cares what you look like? Do you actually care about how others look? Of all the people in your life who have made an impact on you, did any of them have a "perfect body"? Likely not, but were they were still lovely? Yes!
People who fret about food and weight all the time cut themselves off from family, friends and relationships. They deaden their emotions with hunger. That's why people with anorexia can actually lose weight (as compared to most diet failures). They do not eat due to stress, nor do they find enjoyment in eating. They miss out on one of life's pleasures: enjoyable eating. "

No comments: