Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another Step

Well, here's the next 100 calorie jump. Today I'm supposed to make it to 1800. I think it can be done. I slipped a notch yesterday, but I didn't plummet. I woke up yesterday and almost immediately I had that familiar irrational, freaked out, out of control feeling. I pushed through the best I could without really freaking myself out because I knew that would just make things worse. So, I ended up cutting some corners. I didn't eat quite all of my lunch, I didn't have all of my smoothie.

When I told mom she didn't freak or anything. It's a process, but it can't happen again today (and it won't, today's already better). I think something that helped me not plummet was that I got permission to go away next weekend to some friends' house. They live about an hour and a half away and my mom can't go to make sure I eat. She wasn't sure if she was going to let me go because of the food thing. In the end she said I could, but I have to eat. Anyway, this trip has given me something else to work towards. I know that if I lose between now and next weekend, I'm not going to be allowed to go. Since I really want to go, it will be helpful if I don't mess up too bad. I think going away for a weekend will be a good test for me. My friends know what I'm dealing with, so they'll be able to keep on my butt about it if I start acting up.

Overall, I'm still seeing steady improvement in my attitude and how I feel physically. My energy is so much better, I'm able to enjoy things again like being with my friends (really enjoy them), on occasion I'm actually enjoying the food I eat too. I had forgotten how much I liked chocolate. My dad (who didn't think I was yellow to begin with) even said that my color is better. The food plan is helping a lot. I'm very reliant on it right now. It really helps to have something that sets up guide lines and boundaries, even if it totally and completely sucks the first two weeks.

No comments: