Monday, March 31, 2008

Help in the form of Better Homes and Gardens?

I had an interesting happening on Saturday. Kind of unnerving, but kind of cool. Okay, it was only cool because God intervened. I was with mom while she was working and where we were there were some magazines lying around. I had nothing to do so I picked up one of the fashion magazines and started flipping through it. Anyways, this magazine had plenty of pictures of runway shows and the models that walk in them (can you see where this is going?). They were all very thin. Over this past week I had just begun to see some very small appeal to looking like a girl (as opposed to looking like a stick), but as I continued to look through the magazine I began to really find that really skinny, stick look very attractive again. I felt it coming and I knew it would not be good. I shut the magazine, asked God for some help and picked up Better Homes and Gardens which was boring, but much more uplifting.

It was cool. It was really an answer to prayer. I've been asking God to help me turn to Him when temptation arises instead of running from Him and that's just what He did. A temptation arose (the desire to look like the models), I turned from the temptation, turned to God who provided me with an out (in the form of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine) and I took the out. It was really encouraging.

This week as a whole has been much better than last week. I know I had a couple bad days, but the whole week didn't suck! Hooray! But really, it was better. I weighed in at 104 this morning...one more pound and I'll have reached my goal...for the moment.

No comments: