Friday, April 25, 2008

Who do you serve?

Okay...all is...stable. The last couple days haven't been so hot and it would have been really nice to say forget it and jump back down a few hundred calories. Wednesday night after my last post I went and sat down with my Bible and note book and looked up a few verses. God kept bringing me to scriptures that talked about serving Him versus serving other stuff.

Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."Joshua 24:14-15
Once again, it's time to decide. Who am I going to serve? Who am I going to bow down to?

Also you shall destroy all the peoples whom the Lord your God delivers over to you; your eye shall have no pity on them; nor shall you serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you. Deuteronomy 7:16
The sin has to be totally destroyed. I can't leave it any opening for it...or it will be a snare.

You shall fear the Lord your God and serve Him, and shall take oaths in His name. You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the peoples who are all around you. Deuteronomy 6:13-14
I am here to serve God and serve Him only. I'm not to go after the things of the world and the things that everyone around wants. Just Him.

So, it's not been the easiest couple of days, but He grabbed me before I went anywhere I shouldn't and we're working through it.

No comments: