Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This is just something really cool I read out of this book I'm reading called The Interior Castle (which is taking me a ridiculously long time to read, but it's really good). It kind of goes along with why we repent from sin. It's not because we're afraid of consequences (we get those either way) and it's not because we're sorry (just because you're sorry doesn't mean you won't do it again). It's because you see just how much God has loved you and just how much you have hurt and disappointed Him. He is the reason we repent.

"I must tell you that, as imperfect as I have been, I have never been afraid of the torments of the underworld. These pale in comparison with the thought of the anger and disappointment in the Beloved's eyes - those beautiful, kind, gentle eyes - when he stands in the end before those who have forsaken Him. I don't think my heart could endure such a sight."

No comments: