Sunday, April 20, 2008

Delight

You know how you can read a scripture a hundred times and then all the sudden it hits you? Yep. It’s cool. That happened last night. I was looking over a note book that I had used to just jot down some thoughts over the past couple years. It’s funny. God has been leading me back to this same issue of body image for a long time before I fell into bad eating habits. But I think it goes beyond body image. When it comes down to it, it’s a matter of knowing my identity in Christ. He’s bringing me back to this point until I get it…and I think I’m starting to. It was cool to look back and see how God has worked over a longer period of time in addition to the last few months.

Okay, so now for the scripture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. It hit me last night that that is exactly what happened. I finally turned to God, for God. Simply because I wanted Him. I found my delight in Him, He knew my desire and He gave it to me. So to Him be the glory for all of it. For drawing us to Himself, for healing us, for restoring us and for fulfilling the desires He’s placed in our hearts

No comments: