Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Okay, so I pulled out some pictures last night of me from a year or two ago...before started eating badly. I hadn't looked at these photos for a while and I was surprised to find that I was actually pretty happy with how I looked in those pictures. I looked pretty darn good in a size 2..or 4...I forget :) Anyway, it was encouraging to see that, instead of imagining a cow. It's getting better. Slowly but surely. I'm learning how to run to God and not to anything else when things start to feel weird. Like yesterday. Mondays are challenges because those are the calorie bump days. It was hard but I did it. We even went out to eat last night..and I did pretty well.

Running to God is so vital. It takes retraining and it takes help at first from people around you, but after a while it's not so hard. It's the one thing that helps and it's the thing that keeps you from hurting Him. It's a win-win.

And while I'm here I'll share another cool story about how incredibly faithful He is. So, I'm supposed to be heading off to The Royal Ballet this summer right? The tuition is sent in, the flights are booked, the tickets to see The Rake's Progress at the Opera House are booked and I'm ready to start packing...but there were to minor details that were potentially problematic. A) We were having very little luck finding an affordable place to stay and B) everyone we'd talked to said the finding food was not an easy task...grocery stores were in short supply. It's all taken care of now. Someone we know over there found us a place to rent for a good rate and get this...there's a Whole Foods Market five minutes away. Isn't God just cool like that?

No comments: