Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Not a surprise

I knew the attack was coming...and it came. I'm struggling but I'm not surprised and it's okay. My clue? An acceptance letter from The Royal Ballet Summer School. Yep...I got in. I can hardly believe it and I am so excited about it. It's seriously a dream come true for me. I didn't really expect to get in. I sent my application and pictures in and pretty much forgot about it...until yesterday. I've been pretty much speechless about it since. The God of the universe care about the dream of a teenage girl...crazy huh?

So today. It was all going just fine, until I was on my way home from teaching. Me and my family were supposed to go to Out Back for dinner as an end of tax season celebration (I get to have parents again...woohoo!), but I didn't get home until after 7 which meant we weren't going to get there until close to 8 which meant I wasn't going to eat until late. Now, while I'm doing a lot better, I still don't trust myself. Especially when it comes to eating dinner late...I have found that that just doesn't make for a pleasant evening for anyone. Well, we ended up eating at home and it was later than usual but not as late as it would have been otherwise. I just became terrified on the way home. I don't want to repeat any of the bad nights again and I know how to avoid them. The parents were fine with it, but I still feel really bad, like I let it get in the way of something fun that we were supposed to do as a family. And I know we can go another night, but still....

No comments: