Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Here I am

Here I am, once more amazed,
just passed the fear and past the pain;
sitting at the feet of You who sees no more my sin.
My scarlet letter hung all around,
my feet unsteady, my heart was drowned.
My hope was faint, my light was dim,
my strength was gone, and love was thin.
Occasionally I would glance Your way and with a languished cry I’d say,
“I see You there, but Your way is hard. Your call is heard, but my will is strong.”
So after a pathetic plea for aid, I’d run again so far away.
With angry tears I cried and wept, for I was trapped in my adored prison.
So there I laid for many days, trapped in this place my lust had made,
wondering when all hope would fade and the ache and frustration would only remain.

As I sat in this pitiful state I heard the voice I heard many a day;
nothing imposing, nothing too forceful,
but so deep and severe that it cut like a knife.

It was Your summon, gentle and strong,
calling me back to the place I belong.
And as I looked up, I did think it strange,
that in all of my filth You found me again.

You lifted me up and carried me home,
In You strong arms, my heart was made whole.
You broke off the chains that bound me so tight
and allowed me a chance to re-route my life.

You showed me a new path,
Gave me a new song,
Taught me the dance meant for me all along.

I will not wait for those lovers less wild,
who promise me all, but leave me wanting for the very thing they claim to give.
For all this and more my heart is now Yours,
All love and all passion and all glory for You.

Here I am, once more amazed,
just passed the fear and past the pain;
sitting at the feet of You who sees no more my sin.

No comments: