Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Blessing

God is funny. For instance, when I went to the doctor the first time (two and a half weeks ago), he said I'd be out for four weeks. I obviously wasn't too excited, but I knew it was coming. I gave over to the Lord, I knew He would prepare me for London in two weeks if that was my only option, so I said; "okay". I swam, ate good and enjoyed my rest. I really wanted to dance, but my only option was to make the best of it and trust God...so I did.

Okay, last Thursday I went back to the doctor to look at xrays. He said very little about my ankle, he had other concerns, but nothing that can't be taken care of good shoes and orthotics. He told be to keep doing my exercises and the ankle will improve (so far that's held true), but he also said that I was allowed to go back to dance whenever I felt ready. That made my week. I gave it until yesterday. I went to the studio and just did a nice easy barre. No pain :) Now, it doesn't feel normal...it's not totally better, but it didn't hurt and it doesn't hurt today either. I'm going to take it slow and be smart...there's a lot riding on these next few weeks. I knew He would prepare me, but I never expected this.

Just about the time I let God have control was when, He gave me the gift of returning early. I was blessed this week. His is the glory.

No comments: